Friday, September 12, 2008
Troy
Troy has held it together really well through this whole ordeal. What's helping him most is willingness of the specialists to share information....he takes comfort in understanding the situation. Even earlier, when things looked much worse than they do now, he was able to process the available information clearly and ask intelligent questions. He is amazing. Of course, he'll have no choice but tear up once he starts reading this email chain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
yes, your heartfelt description of 'Bedpan Man' found me clammering for the Kleenex! :) Well done Pete - this is wonderful!
~Beck
Oh, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for these updates! I live right behind Hyatt and I have been watching the house like a hawk, trying to gage the emotions, situations and activity that I can see from afar.
Hyatt - I have looked at my girls in a new and inspired way these last 2 days. Your girls need you as all children need their mommies. Fight like heck and just know that we are ALL, (all of BMAK, all of Braemar, all of Haymarket Baptist School) praying like heck for you to get better soon to wrap your arms around your 2 cuties and waiting husband.
My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and Miller sends slobbery kisses to Kayla.
Much Love and hope to visit you soon.
Margaret, Rich, Lindsey and Jamie Asbell
Pete, thanks for this blog. I was right around the corner from the hospital today but I didn't want to crowd things at the hospital. I didn't get Troy's call until I was on my plane heading home.
Hyatt is a fighter.. who else could put up with Troy for so many years waiting for him to complete everying. I have faith and prayers and hope that all will come out all right.
Please let Troy know I am sorry I missed him today and that if he needs anything at all to let us all know. I can be on a plane at any time and there in under two hours.
Sending thoughts and prayers to Hyatt from Tallinn, Estonia--we know that you will pull through this and be back home soon.
Jeanne Geers and Family
(overseas B-MAK member and old neighbor from Solitary Place)
Troy,
You and Hyatt will remain in my heart and in my prayers until all of our prayers are answered. I've sent out a prayer request through my family. I have a VERY big family. Miracles happen, everyday.
Kent
I flipped over here as soon as I was done forwarding Troy's email to everyone I knew from SPEA (Hyatt and I went to grad school together and worked together at ICF). I have been "one" with the kleenex box for several posts now. This blog is brilliant--I will be attached to it until she comes home safely.
On a related note, maybe somebody wants to organize a food delivery system for Troy and The Ladies once everything settles down a bit? They're going to need homecooked meals for a while, even if it's "just" to celebrate Hyatt being home and healthy! I can drive out to Manassas after work, so I'm happy to be on the list! I can also help organize it, but I'd need help from someone who can advise on schedules, preferences, etc.
My thoughts are with you all...
Erin Meyer (meyer_erin@bah.com)
Thank you so much for doing this. Joy and I have been praying for Hyatt and Troy. Please give our love to everyone.
Post a Comment