Mom and Dad got in around 1:30am, so we decided all all try to get some rest and go to the hospital in the morning rather than right then (Troy would have been sleeping anyway). We headed over at about 8:30 this morning and got there just as the Neurologist was making her visit, with Troy, Herman, and Ronnie also there. She basically thinks no change in Hyatt's condition. No evidence of higher-level activity, and partial brain stem activity (some ability to breathe and keep heart beating, but no apparent ability to control throat -- gag reflex, coughing, etc) . In the hospital room, Troy has been playing CDs of Hyatt singing in a band she used to be in when they lived in the midwest, so she can hear it. You can't imagine how hard that is to watch.
A good friend of Troy and Hyatt's specialized in neurology for child cases and has a lot of neuroligist contacts in the area. He's coming into town today and will be coordinating getting a second opinion from specialists he knows and trusts.
Our nurse Kim supported this idea when I talked to her last night. She's worked at small and large hospitals, and says she doesn't think they would be treating Hyatt any differently regardless of her location or doctor, since we're in a sustain and observe program right now, but she also said a second opinion is NEVER a bad thing. She made me a list of local docs and gave me some ideas about who she knows best and trusts most. I had talked to Kim about this because it's obvious to all of us her loyalty is with Hyatt and not with whatever doctor happens to work in this hospital. She said if, for example, the cardiac situation was more dire, she would tell us we needed to be in Fairfax, where they have more capabilities for certain heart tests and treatment. She said she's gotten herself in trouble with superiors before when she's told families to leave her hospital and go elsewhere -- but she's not in this profession to put rules ahead of patients lives.
I just brought Troy home to shower; he, Patricia, and I are going to meet Mom, Dad, and Mary Alice at church in about half an hour. Herman and Ronnie are spending some time with Hyatt, and Nancy and Whitney are here with the kids.
Bekah and Sidney slept well and ate good breakfasts. Bekah is the happiest waking baby I've ever seen -- she sleeps like a rock for 10 hours and just doesn't have any reason to be upset when she wakes up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
"Do not look forward to the changes and chances of this life in fear; rather look to them with full hope that, as they arise, God will deliver you out of them. He has kept you hitherto, - do you but hold fast to His dear hand, and He will lead you safely through all things; and, when you cannot stand, He will bear you in His arms. Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or he will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations."
Troy,
i am deeply sorry for your current situation. i can not imagine having teh strength that you are displaying every day. Having you as my sponsor taught me so much. It is times like these where those lessons come into play. I wanted you to know that we are thinking about you and praying a lot. goodbye and goodluck.
Avery Hymel
Pete - I am so thankful your parents are there with you and Troy now. Thank you for letting Allen and I share some time with you last night. While it was so very hard for me to be in Hyatt's house without her there, I took strength from seeing your family together. The girls look so good and I know Hyatt is comforted by the loving care the families are giving them now. You could not be doing a better job of supporting your brother and his family. As I meet more family members, I realize how and why Troy and Hyatt are such amazing people and wonderful parents - It is because they come from such amazing people and wonderful parents! Please give everyone a hug from me! And know that I am praying and thinking of you all constantly! Allen and I are always available. - Love to you all, Holly
Thanks for the update. We're continuing to pray and hope.
Speaking of the band, we sent out email on the band's mailing list yesterday so they should all know about it soon and are all going to be pulling for her as well.
--Scott
I mad a call last night to tell Scott I-J in Ann Arbor about what has happened. He was shocked and very much saddened. He sends his best wishes and promissed to pass the word on to the people who played in the band with Hyatt.
All our love, Steve, Katharine, Erin, Kiera, & #3
Dear Troy,
We are having a hard time putting into words what we are feeling for you and your family. You, Hyatt, Sidney and Rebekah have been constantly on our minds and in our prayers since 12:15am Sept. 11. Reading this blog, it is obvious that your family is very much loved and well supported. Please know that we too are here for you and your family. You don't need to see the Christmas tree on the porch to be lit, our door is always open for you and your family.
Brett, Joelle, Morgan and Nicolas
Brett & Joelle contacted us yesterday. We know Hyatt, Troy and Sidney from Morgan's birthday party over a year ago. We pray for your strength, for hope, and for God's closeness. You are in our prayers and thoughts, as they are in our email friends and our Prayer Group at Trinity United Methodist Church in Salisbury, MD. Thank you for your Blog update.
Ed & Lita Pascarella
I am Hyatt and Troy's next door Neighbor... It is with mixed emotions that I am on vacation at the beach with my family...Away from where I feel that I should be.
However, knowing that ones own "personal church" is wherever he/she needs it to be, I am looking out over the ocean for solace.
Being near the water has always brought me comfort and last night as I watched the pink sunset fade in the sky and then saw yet another beautiful day dawning, I can only think of how beautiful God's Creations are and that Sweet Hyatt was certainly one of His best accomplishments.
I am certainly ready to rent a car and drive back up at a moments notice, but I also feel that now is the time to soak up the love and joy that my husband and my own two girls have to offer...and I am finding it hard not to smother them with the overwhelming of love and emotion that I am feeling for them.
My thoughts are with you in Bristow while my heart is heavy in NC.
Much Love,
Margaret, Rich, Jamie and Lindsey Asbell
Dear Troy,
Brett and Joelle have been trying for the last year to get us to meet. It wasn't until about 3 weeks ago I was out walking with my kids and met Hyatt and your beautiful daughters. Then wouldn't you know later that week Chris and I were out and we met you.
Words can't express how we feel. Just know you're in our thoughts and prayers.
People never really want to know other people's stories during a time like this. I just want to tell you this bit. I suffered some complications with my first pregnancy and became sick during the delivery. I heard everything going on around me. Make sure to talk to her, read to her, sing to her, let her hear your voices and feel your love.
We're right down the road if you need anything. Take care, Cindy and Chris Hennigh
Michelle and I were away for the weekend and away from computers, so we weren't aware of Hyatt's situation til today. We are still trying to digest all that has been written so far.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. If you need anything, you have our numbers. Our actions are at your service as well.
Michelle, John, Ian, and Jason Schumacher
All my love and prayers are with all of you constantly as are those of my family. And, what a beautiful family you are! I know that Hyatt is in God's loving hands as she has always been and will always be.
Liz Byrne
I just learned at Peach Church today of Hyatt's condition. Our love goes out to her and to all family; they will be constantly in our prayers. We remember Hyatt well from her years growing up at Peace Church - here goes another prayer chain!
Love, Abbie & Don Wheeling, Peace Church
Hello, this is Tamara, I am friends with Pam & Jeff Shue from North Carolina, they just shared your story with me, and I am overwhelmed with the love, faith and strength your family is showing. I have not been able to get Hyatt, Troy, Sidney & Bekauh off my mind in the last 24 hours since I read your story. I had my mother pass away in October 2005 at 61 young from a brain anyersum, we were together in St. Maarten running a restaurant. I am here alone now for 3 years and truely understand and encourage all people to never take life for granted, and spend quality time with your family and friends. I will continue to pray for Hyatt's recovery, and that God will give each and every one of you the strength to see, and understand the lessons he is teaching us with every trial and tribulation.
All the best,
Tamara :-)
Last night my four-year-old grandson Jameson and I went out for ice cream. Afterwards we went to the St. Anne Shrine here in Sturbridge to light candles and pray for Hyatt. (My Catholic grandson told me that you're supposed to say A-men, not Ah-men!)
This morning I asked for prayers for Hyatt from the congregation of the Federated Church and received many expressions of concern. My prayers for you all do not stop.
Hyatt, we are praying so hard for you and for the miracle that you and your family so need. Each moment of the day is spent thinking of you and your struggle and of the words that were so powerfully said by your husband last night at the church. He is so right to remind us all of how precious life is and how taking it all for granted is the biggest mistake one can make. You have the most awesome, caring family waiting to embrace you as you make your small steps back to them each day. They need you so much and with God's grace you will be home with soon. Know that your friends and neighbors are there for you and your family as well. We are praying and hoping for you each moment of each day. Dear God, please hear our prayers. Dear Hyatt, please feel God's love and your family's strenght and let it pull you through.
Asher Avery
Pete--
Patricia just emailed us with the news and the link to the blog. We are certainly praying hard for Hyatt and the whole family.
Love you,
Brian, Katey and Ty--
I do not know your family, but I know Heather B. and know how much she loves you all. Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for Hyatt even though I don't know her! Perhaps someday, when she is well again, I can meet her. I would like that!
Dear Troy,
I am a prayer warrior and I am praying for Hyatt, and your entire family.
I administer a prayer network, and we are asking our Awesome God for a complete restoration of Hyatt's health. People have come much further with much less.
There is no better place for us to be than in the center of God's will for our lives. May His highest and best will be done in your life, that of your Hyatt, and the entire family.
To Jesus through Mary,
Sue
Troy,
We were all deeply saddened to hear about Hyatt. We have been lifting Hyatt up in prayers daily.
Duc in altum,
Aunt Rita, Gina, Michael and Luc
Post a Comment