Allen, I thank you SO much for picking up on the reports; Troy is so lucky to have friends like you. It's really hard for me not to be there at Troy's side for him.
We made it home last night around midnight, and I saw my kids when I got home from work today. I've never been more thankful to have them in my arms. Both looked taller, had considerably more hair, and were equipped with a much larger vocabulary than when we left. Hannah also knew the standard arm signals for the entire Deployment Sequence for Parachute Jumps. I am not sure what a 21-month old needs with this information, but her Granddaddy apparently thought it was important she learn this last week, and so who am I to question it? You can never be too prepared.
I called Troy's house and let Hannah and Alex talk with Cousin Sidney for a while after dinner. I'm not sure if much was understood on either end, but my little crazies looked fascinated with what Sidney had to say, so I look forward to the beginning of a strong friendship among the cousins in coming years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It's amazing how a child's innocence can lift the spirits of anyone hurting! Many times I love to just be around my boys when I need to get "lifted". Glad that you guys made it home safe last night. Thank you for constantly keeping us updated. I'll be sure to come see your kids when I decide to jump out of a parachute!
Pete, maybe some more laughs here: The Jumpmaster's Dance.
Pete,
Hope you continue to post some. Having never met any of you, I feel like I know you all. Glad you got to see those beautiful babies of yours again.......
The relationship with cousins can be so wonderful. The reason I know about this blog and Hyatt is because of my cousin. His cousin on the other side of the family is the neighbor from behind. Keep those children close--I have 1 brother, 1 sister biologically, but 3 cousins who might as well be siblings. Now our children are equally as close. I don't know why I'm going on about this to you all--clearly family is important and will be what pulls you all through. You all remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Hi Troy,
I am truly happy you and Patricia made it back home to NC safe and sound! As I posted to Allen earlier, I have no connections to the family, actually accidently ran up on the myspace page. I have been following the progress and know that the whole family is truly blessed. You have an amazing talent for wit and have literally had me thinking the tears would never stop then you humor would catch me laughing out loud. Enjoy your wife and kids this weekend and get some much needed rest and relaxation.
Keeping the prayers for the whole family going and will for sometime to come. Hang tough never stop believing it will get better, never let Troy get to the point either, he is lucky to have such an awesome family to help him at this and anytime.
Much love and many prayers from me to the whole family and the extended Hyatt family of well wishers and prayers...
Trish :)
I have never met any of you, I received an e-mail "prayer request" from an old friend that I went to high school with. She started the e-mail with my best friend Hyatt. I have read all the blogs and have sent it to many people. I am praying for the family and have asked many to pray as well. I have been in situations with really sick family and I can tell you that the family needs to take care of them self as well as trying to take care of Hyatt. You are no good to her if you are not getting what you need as well. Please all take care and I am praying everyday for Hyatt and the family.
Lots of Love from NC
Post a Comment