Heard from Troy about Sidney's visit; he said it could not have gone better. The nurses had made a spot beside Hyatt where Sid could get up on the bed with her. She had been talking the whole car ride to the hospital that Mama would be sleeping, and that she would be wearing some tubes....so Troy clearly prepared her well.
Troy said she got a nice chance to snuggle with Hyatt, kiss her arm and cheek, and to talk to her -- telling her how much she loves her.
She wants to go back another day too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Troy,
I went to Page with Hyatt. I just received the news today about what is going on. I am saddened by what you and your families are going through, but I believe God can do a miracle. I have been praying for you and Hyatt today, and will continue. I believe it is important that you get hold of a Bible and read some scripture passages to her. Even though her she may not respond physically at first, her spirit will pick up on it. When you get tired of reading, have other family members read or get the Bible on CD, so she can listen to it. Some of the passages I read today for her and you are Psalms 25 and Psalms 13. When you pray for her, be specific about what you are asking. He will hear and answer them.
Your sister in Christ, Penelope Brewer Lee
Michelle and I are very happy Sydney's visit went well. This had to be the most difficult thing to prepare a child for, and it sounds like Troy, plus the others in his family did a super job, considering what else they are juggling.
The Schumachers
A friend emailed me your blog. She heard of it through a friend of a friend. Word is getting out. People are praying. Is there any way yall can post a picture of your sweet family? Praying for a miracle.
I have only heard today about Hyatt. In fact, I had been looking for ways to contact her and Leah from high school and get back in touch. I am so sorry for what your families are going through right now. Hyatt is an amazing person, always has been. I am praying for her and passing the request for prayers on. I wish I could do more. Hyatt, you are loved, and those who love you are cared about very much by people they may have never met.
Tracy Tebow Davies
What wonderful news about Sidney's visit with Mom! As difficult as it was to go through the steps in preparing her, I'm sure that Hyatt felt the extreme bliss at having her precious daughter right next to her heart. She must have heard a thousand angels singing in her dreamy sleep. I've been reading fables lately for a school assignment and I believe that Aesop was correct in reminding his audience that "friends/love come in all shapes and sizes." Way to go, Sidney!!! Love, Lea
I am so happy that you all were able to let Sidney visit her mom! I think we underestimate how well children will handle seeing their loved ones even at their sickest. I'm glad you had some help from those at the hospital with how to approach/teach Sidney about what's going on. We're praying all the time for all of you. Love Cousin Anna and John
Post a Comment