Thursday, September 18, 2008

From Troy

Hi All,

Yesterday I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit in the life of my Daughter, Sidney. She and I played a bunch in the morning and then went in to see Hyatt.

It was magical. Sidney talked to her, hugged her, and kissed her. Sid told her mama how luch she loved her and how long it had been since she had seen her. She told mama about pre-school and all the friends she has seen in the past week. She told mama that she needs to get better and come home soon.

Hyatt was calm through the whole visit - a real belssing - and Sidney was such an angel.

Afterwards we went to eat chicken McNuggets and watch airplanes land at the airport.

I put my exhaused angel down for her nap and went and cried.

There have been concerns about Sid seeing mama and how it would be for her - I worked really hard over the past fe days to make sure I get her as prepared as I could. Watching her and Hyatt interact confirmed it - this was abolutely the right thing to do.

I pray for all the kids of parents who are sick - I pray that the Holy Spirit protect them as he did us.

Love,
Troy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless that little angel. I am sure Hyatt knew she was there. And what a great daddy you must be Troy. I continue to pray.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Troy,
Hyatt is in my prayers. God is amazing, and I know he has a plan for all of you. Be sure to take care of yourself during this time.

Love in Christ,
Charity Treat
Bentonville, AR

Anonymous said...

Troy,
I'm so glad that you are surrounded by loving family and friends. You know how many people are praying for Hyatt and your family. You did a wonderful thing for Sidney, yesterday. You've grown into a caring man, husband and father. I don't know if you remember that you and Peter were the first babysitters for our older children (who are now 20 and 22 years old). I am glad that you learned to enjoy changing diapers.
Please take care of yourself, as much are you are caring for Hyatt and your daughters. We are all praying for Hyatt's recovery...you will need to stay healthy and strong for her and for your girls.
Also, please continue to find joy in moments like McNuggets with Sidney. We've had a few things happen in recent years that have required guardian angels and even miracles. We've been answered...not just by amazing recoveries, but by learning to find the amazing in absolutely normal moments. At times when I've felt too exhausted to keep a positive attitude, I've dragged myself to a child's school concert or dance class and found myself overwhelmed by the joy of watching my children doing normal things. It's easy to temporarily lose perspective and energy. Keep playing and cuddling with your girls and you'll be able to maintain the faith and energy that you will need for the time ahead.
With love from all of us,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Troy,

May your faith continue to sustain you during this very difficult time. I hope you & your loved ones take great comfort & strength in knowing that so many of us are praying that Hyatt makes a complete recovery. May you find peace.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad it went well. I don't know how I could have handled that. Sid is lucky to have a father like you.

Still praying as hard as we can,

Love,
--Scott

Anonymous said...

Troy,
My daughter sent this blog to me from Bristow. She is also in the Mother's Club there. After reading the entire blog, I just wanted to say that you are doing a wonderful job. Hyatt knows you are there and knows that her little angel visited her. My prayers are being sent up for Hyatt's recovery and for you and your daughters. God Bless you All!

LAC
Pennsylvania

Anonymous said...

Your story has touched me in such a profound way. When I read that you felt the Holy Spirit was in the Hospital room with the two of you my spirit confirmed that Hyatt is going to be ok. We have prayed for her and we stand in agreement with you and Hyatt that she will be healed in Jesus name! It sounds like you are a tremendous father and your children are so blessed to have you both as parents. What a testimony you are of God's Glory and Grace :) God Bless!